Saturday, August 27, 2011

Boys in the Back



The rams and bucks are in their own pasture in the back of the barn. It's a neat place for them, as they have a run in area that connects to the rest of the barn where they can see the ewes and does. I also propped open the door to the silo room, giving them an extra space to get out of the weather. I love the boys, and hated taking them off the hillside, but I don't want lambs this year. I have to go up in the hay mow and throw bales down to them through the window. It's a bit tedious but the boys need to eat. Zack, my purebred Border Leicester ram is out there along with Romeo, Othello's son, who is a real nice looking Merino/Bluefaced Leicester ram. Spikey, Monkey's boy is in there, along with Dexter, Dolly's boy, and a few others. I have to get Big Jim Baldwin over here to shear. I hope he's in a better mood than last time. It's worth putting up with Jim's crankiness to hear him put the other cranky male squarely in his place. I wonder who in the world I could be talking about????

No comments:

Post a Comment