Wednesday, September 21, 2011

New "ROBOCOP" Reboot To Be Nothing Like 80's Original!

During an interview with online site, Film1, new "ROBOCOP" reboot director, Jose Padilha mentioned that his new version of the cyborg cop film will be completely different than the 80's original.
This is what he said,
Earlier this year, you announced that the reboot of RoboCop will direct. The original from 1987, directed by Dutch director Paul Verhoeven , with that movie made ​​its debut in Hollywood. How will your vision differ from those of Verhoeven?
I love the sharpness and political tone of RoboCop , and I think that such a film is now urgently needed. But I will not repeat what Verhoeven has done so clearly and strongly. Instead I try to make a film that will address topics that Verhoeven untreated. If you are a man changes into a robot, how do you do that? What is the difference between humans and robots developed? What is free will? What does it mean to lose your free will? Those are the issues that I think.
RoboCop is your first movie in America. Like the political apparatus of Rio de Janeiro, the Hollywood film industry, a system in which not everyone thrives. What is your strategy to survive in Hollywood?
I try to make movies that I like, that I feel and I deal with social problems involved. I will continue to do where I work. If I can develop in Hollywood, then I make a movie with all the means Hollywood. If that fails, then that movie is not. It is that simple!

No comments:

Post a Comment